Attorney Patrick Moriarty is a 1987 graduate of the University of Massachusetts at Amherst with a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Political Science. In 1990, he earned his Juris Doctorate from Western New England College School of Law.
Upon Patrick’s admission to the Washington Sate Bar Association, he worked as a public defender in Snohomish County, gaining extensive trial experience in felony and misdemeanor cases, including, manslaughter, assaults, sexual offenses, burglary, theft, arson, harassment, assault domestic violence, DUI, driving while license suspended, and hit and run. Following his work as a defense attorney, Patrick was employed as an Assistant City Attorney for the City of Seattle, prosecuting misdemeanor and gross misdemeanor cases.
Patrick serves as a judge pro tempore in district and municipal courts in Snohomish County. He is admitted to practice in Washington State and Federal Court for the Western District of Washington and is a current member of the King and Snohomish County Bar Associations; the Washington State Trial Lawyers Association; Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers; the Washington Defenders Association; and a former member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys and Washington Association of Municipal Attorneys.
Areas of Practice
- 75% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Washington, 1991
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 2001
- Western New England College School of Law, Springfield, Massachusetts
- J.D., 1990
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts
- B.A., 1987
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Major: Political Science/Journalism
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Washington State Bar Association, Member, 1991–Present
- Washington Defender Association, Member, 1999–Present
Past Employment Positions
- Moriarty & Zvaleuskas, LLP, Managing Partner, 2005–2010
- Patrick M. Moriarty, Attorney at Law, 2001–2005